Free CAD software to compliment MOI work

Hey folks,

since my trial of MOI has run out a few months ago and I have to wait until I can work with MOI again in terms of saving stuff (so when´s the next release out? ;) ) I can´t test it myself, but thought I´d give you all a heads up.

I just recently found a great AutoCAD clone called DoubleCAD, developed by IMSIDesign, and sharing a huge chunk of code with their famous TurboCAD.

It´s a 2.5D CAD drawing software that concentrates on being an easy to use tool for taking 3D models and creating 2D drawings with it.

I found it because of an ad over at a sketchup site, because they advertise DoubleCAD as an addition Sketchup. You can import a SKP model and work with it. So, if you can import a MOI model into Sketchup, you can import it into DCAD or 2CAD as well. I am not sure how well it behaves with other formats, since my PRO has run it´s course as well, but they

They do offer a PRO version for 595 US-$ (often combining that software into packages e.g. with Corel Designer at 695 US-$), but the basic version is free. You can download the PRO version, it reverts to the standard free XT version after 30 days.

Head over to www.doublecad.com and download it! Their support forum can be found at forums.doublecad.com

Michael