problem with fillet and shell

4023.11 In reply to 4023.10 
Hi Jurgen,

> I was able to apply a .2 Fillet to your 'KleinTeil clipped',
> but I was not able to separate the 'desired object' from
> the 'border' cut away, i.e. I could not DELETE the 'border'.

I've attached a version here that has a 0.2 radius fillet applied to that "KleinTeil clipped" model version.

I had to do some repair work on that one area I showed above (also the fillet piece from above needed to be untrimmed, the filleter had incorrectly trimmed the fillet back a little bit too much making it stop short of the surface edge), and then trim the various surfaces of the main body to the fillet edges and then join all the pieces up to a solid again.

To make this version shelled, you'll actually want to go back to the original unclipped model, and use the Construct > Offset command with the "Flip" option checked to create a sort of inner core piece. Then take this filleted model and use the boolean difference command and select that inner core as the cutting object, and that should result in a hollowed out cavity within this shape to save on materials. Use window selection (where you click in an empty area and then hold down and drag to make a selection rectangle) to select the inner piece in the boolean difference command, since it is not easy to click on it since it is contained within the main piece.

Hope this helps!

If you don't like the clipped areas in this version, your best bet may be to delete those faces in this model version and construct some new surfaces in those local areas.

- Michael