Military Bulldozer Project

Hi guys - glad you liked the model.

Thanks to Michael for creating software that is fun to use - I doubt I would have had the patience to finish this in any of my other 3d packages.

To answer a few points:

Don & Armin: MOI handled the model pretty well; the addition of the various grouping and style tools since version 1 makes it much easier to keep complex models under control. I found towards the end of the project when mirroring objects like the tracks the mirror procedure took about 3-4 seconds to work(after choosing the start and end mirror points) - normally with simple models it's instantaneous. I was still able to rotate and zoom the completed model at an acceptable speed, even though of course it was quite a bit slower than usual. I have a dual core 950 I7 processor with 8gb ram and 64 bit Vista.

BurrMan: Most of the parts have fillets(easiest to see on the machine gun body perhaps) although the bolts generally have chamfers.

The hardest part to duplicate was the bulldozer blade and holder - there are some compound curves in the poly modelling tutorial that I could only copy roughly in MOI. I hasten to say that this was probably not a limitation of MOI but of my modelling skills - I really haven't used network very much and I suspect if I understood it better, I could do a better job with things like the shaping of the blade etc.

I don't know if I'll render the completed model; I mostly enjoy modelling and only occasionally render my models. If I do so I will post some images here. As for animation, I wouldn't know where to start!

Thanks again for all the kind words and to Michael for designing a super piece of software.

Cheers
Mal