newby - weird radii - how to create for cnc cutting

3970.23 In reply to 3970.20 
Thanks BobK,

I tried the demo of Cut3D and it worked quite well, although it seems a little on the bare bones side.

I have also left a message on their Cut3D forum related to how anyone uses Cut3d as far as bringing files in for processing - file types and file types used specifically from Moi3d. No response as yet. Thanks for your advice! I'm not sure about which cam package to use yet. I had better learn Moi3d first.

How do you like your machine? I see on some of the other forums that there are quite a few of them out there.

I was interested in the Mechmate machine as it looked pretty serious, but I'm not a hands on mechanical type so if I get another machine it will have to be a prebuilt, probably from Axyz with servos.

I find that Moi3D is extremely powerful and in most ways simple to use. I have yet to work through all of the manuals commands and the scripts that are available. I'm not very intuitive when it comes to learning new things. It was a real struggle to learn low level programming in my youth, but once learned it was easy to handle!

Anyway, I digress. Thanks for the responses.

Thanks Burrman for your advise. I looked at Visual Mill years ago. I found that for 2d and some vcarve work that Vectric's VcarvePro satisfied all of my needs and was very intuitive

Gary.