newby - weird radii - how to create for cnc cutting

3970.18 In reply to 3970.15 
Hi BobK,

>Mind if I ask you about your setup? I built a "Joe's Hybrid" and I'm using Vectic Cut 3D and Cut 2D for CAM

I have a very elderly Shopbot PRT96 from 2000 AD, actually one of the first of these models. I now use Vectric's VcarvePro v5.5 for 2d cutting out and 2 1/2d v carving.

I have been trying to get into 3d cutting for years but I am absolutely stupid when it comes to cadd and all other 3d packages including silo and McNeels stuff. I had pretty much given up on ever being able to use 3d design software and therefore couldn't do 3d cutting. I have a current version of Alibre Standard and just bought a whole whack of training materials but I have since given up. Then last year I found MOI3d but couldn't believe that it would work as advertised or that I would be able to learn it. Since I spent some time on the v2 trial and Michael has help me I bought the package and it's great.

The latest wine bottle balancer was just an exercise to learn how to use moi3d - for this piece I would only use 3d cutting to create a master. The cutting time was 1 hour 45 minutes. I am planning on buying cut3d as soon as I learn moi3d. Iy seems that if you are dealing with well of people, cost isn'y so important if the product is a one of a kind.

How do you like the cut 3d?

I find that Vectric's products are amazing especially Photo Vcareve.

Gotta go battery is dyingggggggggggg

Gary