3D Poser man inside MOI ??? A solution Michael, please.

3969.32 In reply to 3969.30 
Hi Micha,

> So, couldn't you not try add advanced features per ini file switches?

It's possible, but in general .ini file switches work better as a switches that modify some existing behavior rather than enabling some large new feature area.

Having a large new feature totally hidden from all users unless they activate a special switch is just not an efficient way for me to develop stuff - it involves me doing a lot of work which is not likely to affect very many users since it would be such a hidden area.

When an .ini switch just modifies some existing behavior to help advanced users, that's a lot different kind of a thing as far as my workload goes, because a behavior modification is easy for me to implement. An entirely new way to save files is not the same amount of work as a small behavior modification though.

I'm not saying that it will never be done, but if the only way to implement this easily would be making it by default a completely hidden feature that only a few users would ever turn on, that just makes it hard for me to justify working on that area as compared to features that are more easily accessible and used by more people...

I'm pretty sure that we've had this exact conversation at least one time before...

- Michael