MoI finds a home

3892.41 In reply to 3892.20 
Hi Michael,

Did you need to make any changes in MoI to be able to work with Alibre? Exporting to Step and opening in Alibre seems very good from I have seen so far. Although acceptable when the same file is opened in TurboCAD it I think that Alibre's option to stitch to solid is allowing for a better result. All surfaces come in as separate components in TC but do come in as ACIS Solids. I know other formats will come into TC as stitched, but they are mesh-like in appearance and so are not so good for hidden line renders. I prefer the Stp export format because one can get a good hidden line render when opened in TC.

I am mostly curious if you made any changes to MoI to specifically work well with Alibre, or if they were compatible right from the start.

Also, are you bound solely to Alibre with your working arrangement, or are you able to partner with other CAD companies as well, in the same manner? I have zero influence with the TurboCAD people, but one can always hope that something could be arranged.