Problem solved!!! Subd -> nurbs

3854.11 In reply to 3854.8 
Hi olio,

> i don't really see a difference between Moi and Rhino
> workflow, its very similar...

Well, since I designed both of them there are certainly several similarities, but also there are many differences in MoI that solve particular problems in Rhino's workflow.

One of the big ones is that in MoI you can easily pre-select sub objects like edges or faces, before running a command. That allows a command to become more context aware and work on the selection, enabling a reduction in the number of commands.

For example MoI's one Fillet command does the equivalent of 4 Rhino commands (FilletEdge, FilletSrf, Fillet, FilletCorners), depending on what you selected. That kind of concentration of functionality into a smaller number of commands has a major impact on making MoI's UI much, much less overwhelming than Rhino's.

There are a lot of other differences than that too, like the 2D edit frame in MoI that lets you quickly rotate or scale 2D objects similar to if you were in a 2D illustration program, Scene Browser that lets you have quick access to named objects and allows for actions like "hide all solids" with 1 click, a center object snap that doesn't get confused with "near" object snap, a mini dialog UI for command options with things like checkboxes and sliders rather than Rhino's text-based command-line UI, construction lines in MoI enable various kinds of snaps that require extra steps in Rhino, etc...

That's quite a lot of differences, I'm surprised you haven't noticed them. Have you not spent much time drawing things in MoI instead of Rhino?

- Michael