Oblique view (Plan oblique 45 degrees)

Hmm... interesting. I thought I got the result I wanted but I realize now that I probably need to figure out how to script something to give the view that I want.

For this drawing type (the plan oblique) the plan stays true and measurable (In paper space). I drew up a sample image to clarify what it is I'm after...

If I were doing this by hand, I'd take a plan, rotate it 45 degrees and project every elevation line up from the important points (keeping the vertical elevation data also measurable). In this example I drew a small room with a ceiling height of 8 feet. (To clarify, the final image drawn in that row was done in 2D using the described plan oblique method)

I'm trying to find a way to take a snapshot of vastly more complex stuff that I've already drawn in MOI so that I can quickly generate drawings in this style (I was thinking I'd take it into illustrator for lineweight etc).

The 2nd image is with me setting the 3d view angle to 45 degrees with parallel projection. It squats the elevation down and doesn't keep the plan true.

Is there anything that anyone can think of that would help me achieve this result? Any other program, tip, trick, etc?

Thanks!