Object grouping and organization.

384.22 In reply to 384.21 
sorry for my ignorance, but what all falls under the "pre-modeler" blanket?

with great interest, i have been looking at as much response to MoI as possible. something i do everyday is look to improve the tools i use, with great respect to what tasks they are best suited. i want to emphasize what has great appeal to myself as i use MoI: simplistic GUI with little or no need to touch the keyboard during the modeling process. i believe i have only pulled up to the keys to type a file name. if there was a popup keyboard on screen, i wouldn't even have to do that. just to clarify, i do a lot of 2d/3d cad design which i would gouge your eyes out if you made me work without a keyboard, but what MoI seems to be geared for is a less device dependant environment, where your primary interface is either stylus (appears to me as the goal) or mouse alone. I am still diving in to the overall response, but this is what i have found so far.

following with my conclusion the intent is for a stylus/minimalist interface approach, to better attain the "moment" without obstruction of names and extended hierarchy until after the "moment" has developed, i give thought to the PILOU'ian attempt to allow a method of quickly grouping/layering without an extensive compromise on order. no, i'm not sure what to suggest as a solution, i just now have begun the thought. i merely wanted to re-express the direction i understand to be the inceptual intent. PLEASE correct me if this is errant.

is MoI best suited for large assemblies and/or intensive mechanisms, or is it tooled for conceptual yet developable components, or the organic characteristic, or is it to be all and more? the application will drive the implementations. our purpose is to seed the process.

cheers.