New month = new beta

380.3 In reply to 380.1 
It will definitely be sometime this week. I've got just a few things left to do:

- Undo for selection

- Undo the last point in curve and polyline tools.

- Editing the location of background images.

I think that probably the first 2 I will finish up today, but I'm not quite sure how long the last one will take, maybe a couple of days. If it takes too much longer I will just push it off until another beta and release this one, but I'd like to try and see if I can get it in so that image backgrounds can be all wrapped up.

Other than that there are quite a few bug fixes and little things for this beta. Let's see...

Updated crash handling - the crash dialog now has a button you can use to save your model data in the event of a program crash (should have had this earlier, sorry!).

Bug fix for picking the final point pick in rotate, cylinder, and cone commands - previously the final point pick in these wouldn't get tan or perp straight snaps on it.

Fixed bug with planar end caps - was using too tight of a tolerance for these which could cause unnecessary failures.

Fixed a bug that would cause half-folded-over sweeps and lofts in certain circumstances.

Fixed a crash bug in .3ds export.

Tuned Direct3D display engine to reduce peak video memory usage.

Made opening a file by double-clicking a .3dm file in Windows Explorer work.

Fixed a bug in untrim when untrimming the last hole in an object which turned it into a solid.

Fixed a couple of different meshing bugs.

Fixed Join so it doesn't try to join edges that are already glued to other edges.

Updated revolve so that cases where you pick the revolve axis down the center of a curve will work, it now automatically trims the revolve profile by the axis if the curve crosses the axis.

Tuned up select all so that if you have a drilled-in selection (edges or faces), it will only select all that object's edges or faces instead of also including every other object.

Fixed extrude with Set Path where the path has kinks and cap ends is enabled.

Added cap ends option to revolve and rail revolve.

New polygon star command.

New setting in mesh dialog that allows "Divide larger than" to also apply to planar faces.

New elliptical option for arc center.

New point order options for arc through 3 points.

New red rectangle warning indicator when you have control points stacked up.

And some other minor fixes...

- Michael