New month = new beta

380.18 In reply to 380.14 
Hi Lorenzo,

> Only one thing: i have seen that if i have a array like a chain, Moi slow down! ;)
> The 3d View are really slow! ;)
>
> If i open the model into Rhino, the 3dView are more fast!
>
> How i can improve it?

This is because Rhino is only drawing the wireframe and isn't drawing the shaded surfaces.

MoI by default draws surfaces at a pretty high density. Normally this is nice because you get to see your models looking nice and smooth instead of seeing the polygons very much.

But if you have a very dense model with a lot of curved pieces (like a chain), then the default high detail display will cause quite a lot of polygons to be drawn, which can slow things down quite a bit.

One way to speed it up is to decrease the display density - to do this go to Options, and inside "Meshing parameters", change "Surface angle" and "Trim curve angle" to something like 30 degrees. This will make the display a lot rougher (you will be able to see the polygons making up the display), but it should also be faster.

You might also uncheck "Display hidden-line curves" and "Display hidden-line edges" to speed things up a bit. Remember to turn these back on when you switch back to working on a more simple model.

> Have in MOI the possibility to see only wireframe into 3dview?

Not for version 1.0 . Bu I do want to add this in to a future version though, it will probably be the biggest help to working with higher density models.

- Michael