First MoI model

3795.3 In reply to 3795.2 
Hi Michael,

Your most welcome. It's nothing more than the truth.

Thanks for those tips. I'll bear that in mind. Actually the most interesting thing I found was the placement of holes. I kind of worried about their placement as I normally would, thinking how will this complicate the mesh? What I did early on was export very early versions to the renderer to see what would happen. However the exporter did a very clean job, and I love the fact you can play with the export options.

I then actually restarted the model due a small paradigm shift. I didn't worry about the end mesh so much but rather what were the simplest shapes the the unit consisted of. So having the unit in front of me I rotated it and thought simple, if that makes any sense. The model itself appears very simple, however when you look at the four corners you realise there's quite a bit going on, and there's more complications on the underside. Booleans to the rescue!

I then seemed to go into hyperdrive, and within a short space of time I was looking at a finished model. And to be perfectly honest I almost felt cheated, in the sense that, this felt too easy. It should have taken me a lot longer, because that's the process I'm used to. And I realised I'd just had a great experience. Modelling became fun again, it was like a child playing with silly putty. So I just wanted to thank you for creating an experience that allowed me to have my experience.

Also I don't know how your beta testing works, but if need anyone to test new features before going public, I'd be more than happy to be a guinea pig.

Have a great day.

Cheers
Charles