Tips for OBJ/LWO export?

3793.9 In reply to 3793.8 
Hi Michael... Yeah, pretty sure it is the other program.. I opened it in the demo of turbocad and it was mm also..

Here is a stp and an igs file of a default box at 2 inches... I think they are using harmoneyware translators too!

Some interesting observations...

BobCad is more of a cnc toolpathing program than a cad package.. It's viewport is primitive. I think it is more geared towards working with it's ucs system, integrating it with the toolpathing and output stuff..

They have a "part" system and a "default". Default is whats always set, and part is "current document". So you can change all kinds of settings and prefs on the current document, without affecting the next one you open.. It is also allowing opening a file I made, on your computer, and all the system prefs and units and such will change on your computer for that one file, then go back to default for next doc.. It's kindof like if I set a bunch of prefs in MoI.. Background color.. Line colors etc, etc.. Then you open my MoI file and all those background colors and prefs would be set in your MoI...It's kindof shocking and wierd when you open a file from some guy that likes "pink for Solids" lol

WHen I change the unit system in BobCad, the "VIEWPORT AND UCS GRID" change.. The object doesnt change... (In moi, the object is actually changed/scaled)

In BobCad, the units are set to whatever the default system units are set at.. Almost like "no unit specified in the file?"...So I can open either of these as whatever my systems units are set at....

I know... It's kindof odd...

Anyway, thanks for looking...

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN