MoI on Blackberry Playbook?

3792.9 In reply to 3792.8 
Hi Kurt,

> Any modern alternatives?

I haven't really kept all up to date so I'm not really the best source for info.

There are various kinds of Tablet PCs out there, but they're usually way more expensive than what you're targeting here, and more of them are the laptop style ones and not slate style or lighter sized.

The new HP Slate that was talked about and then canceled seems like it could have been a fit. I guess ASUS is working on an Eee pad that would probably be less expensive like their other Eee PC stuff. There will probably be a round of new Tablet PC slates generally coming out in response to the iPad though, so there may be some new options in not too long.

> Don't know if the TC1100 can be upgraded to a solid state drive.

Possibly, but you'll have to be careful because it looks like the TC1100 uses an older style IDE interface for the hard disk. It looks like you might be able to find a SSD that will support that but the majority of them will be set up for a SATA hard drive interface instead which would not work.

That can be one of the problems with getting equipment more than few years old, a lot of times the interfaces on things have changed (especially over the course of 7 years, that's a long stretch) and brand new equipment won't be compatible.

But also some manufacturers will make stuff that is compatible with the old stuff as well, you just have to be careful to get the right ones.

- Michael