mesh export and normal

Hello

I'm trying to create a little animation, so my pipeline is :
xara (draw 2D shapes) > Moi (convert 2D shapes to 3D surface) > messiah (animation & render).

First I draw in Xara (I used it for years, so I work faster in Xara), I get a few forms , and export in AI format :

Then I import AI file in Moi and use planar tool to convert line to surfaces (and set style to red) and export in obj and lwo format.

Then I import "obj" files in Messiah, and I can see that some surfaces are hidden.

In fact, when I turn around I can see the missing surfaces

If I use lwo, I get this :

On the messiah forum, I've been told :
=====
Every face on a mesh has a normal, a vector that describes the face's direction. This normal is part of how the surface gets shaded. When an application shows you both sides of a mesh, it's basically extrapolating this normal for the back face from the front. However, there is only one normal for each face stored in the mesh and if, as you're constructing your mesh, this normal gets directed inwardly instead of outwardly, your mesh will likely disappear when you import it into Messiah. The answer is to go back into your modeler and use it to "flip" the normals of the object. This will make the in-side normals into outside normals and should fix your problem. You will also likely want to "unify" them to make sure they all face out or in and aren't split between the two. Most modelers will allow you to turn off backside facing in display as well, so that you can see which side of your mesh is actually there. However, to answer your question, Messiah doesn't choose what side to use at all. It uses the normals of your mesh. If you've messed them up in construction, Messiah just shows you what you've done.
=====

So my question is : can I choose normal direction when exporting surfaces meshs from Moi3D ?

Thanks for any help.

EDITED: 20 Sep 2010 by PP

Attachments: