Colored Style lines

3766.9 In reply to 3766.8 
Hi Pilou, yeah so what you are describing there would be what I would call an "analysis mode", where you switched to some special view mode that made the view look different than the regular modeling mode so you could look at some special information or displays.

In the future I want to have some different modes like that, like for instance Zebra stripe mode is one for analyzing surface continuity with reflection lines.

A special analysis mode for what you are describing could be possible, I guess but I think it's use would be pretty limited - it would only work perfectly if the only objects you were constructing were just boxes, and they would even have to be particular boxes that were aligned to the world axes.

It would be easy to get alarmed and think there are problems where there are actually none.

Take for instance this box here which is just rotated so it is not aligned to the x/y axes:

Now if you go to the front view and turned on this mode that you were talking about, you would see only these lines in blue:

The other lines are not aligned to the world axis directions, so they would remain uncolored I guess you are saying?

So then you would see those lines and think, "oh no, they are not straight, they are some 0.5 degrees off or something", when actually they are not...

- Michael