Small Feature Wish

3756.13 In reply to 3756.9 
The script works perfectly Michael, also thanks for taking the time to explain the procedure of adding buttons.

I've managed to implement the buttons I wanted:

I did make an attempt at combining Join and Rebuild in a single click, thinking that I could stuff the "DoRebuild()" and "DoJoin()" functions together in a new function Joinrebuild.js
and call that as a command - but did not work out - so left click = Join & Right click = Rebuild.

In the spirit of learning and trying to understand MoI scripting I analyzed your script and annotated its working with comments - first for myself and now for anyone else interested:

Get all curves in the workspace, store them in the array 'crvs'.
var crvs = moi.geometryDatabase.getObjects().getCurves(); 

Look at each curve in the scene, incrementally, where curvs.length refers to the number of curves in the array 'crvs'.:
for ( var i = 0; i < crvs.length; ++i ){	

Get the item(which itself is an array) in the array 'crvs' in position 'i''(a digit set by the previous declaration)(array entries are numbered from 0, so i=0 makes sense).
var crv = crvs.item(i); 

Assuming a compound curve is a single entry in the 'crvs' array, look at the 'SubObjects' property of that curve(an array) - specifically its 'length' or number of entries.Since a compound path will contain multiple sub-curves/"[..]objects" we would expect length to be>1 - in this case select it.
if ( crv.getSubObjects().length > 1 ) crv.selected = true; }

Regards,

Kiril

EDITED: 15 Sep 2010 by KIRIL

Image Attachments:
Size: 20.8 KB, Downloaded: 49 times, Dimensions: 505x92px