Bisector curve

3745.19 In reply to 3745.18 
Hi Danny, it's not really easy for commands that involve object selection to work with the repeat checkbox, because things are more primarily intended to work by selecting the objects that you want to work on before you run the command.

It's just so ingrained in things like basic file operations in Windows to do "Noun, verb" operations where you pick the thing you are operating on first before triggering the action that works on it...

In MoI I've also tried to accomodate people who are used to picking input objects after a command has been run as well (which is how several older CAD programs are structured), but that post-pick support is kind of a supplementary thing and not really the main focus.

When you work with pre-selection, sometimes you want to do things like do several operations in a row on the same selection, and if every operation removed the selection from the objects that would not be possible...

So when objects are pre-selected doing an immediate repeat does not work very well because it ends up too literally an exact repeat with the same input objects.

But that's one reason why you can right-click to repeat the last command as a separate thing from the repeat checkbox. The way things are set up now, the repeat checkbox is only for drawing commands where you pick points to define objects, and not for commands that involve selection of input objects.

Of course, it could be possible to make a customized version of this particular command that removes selection at the end, it would just behave pretty differently than how other commands are normally structured.

I've attached a version that does this, I think it's more like what you want and it allows for the repeat checkbox to work, but instead this version does not allow the lines to be pre-picked at all, it clears out the selection at the start of the command and clears it at the end of the command, so it behaves differently than the regular way that other MoI commands work.

Maybe I should have something like a "post pick" type global option that you could enable which would do stuff like clear selection like that when running all commands.

- Michael
Attachments: