Fillet - No Use 2 Distances Option :(

3713.5 In reply to 3713.4 
Hi NightCabbage,

> I figured that you were already able to do non-circular fillets?

Yes, a couple of specific kinds - but unfortunately each different kind of special fillet shape requires a lot of special case coding particularly for how things should work in corner patches when fillets collide into one another (when multiple edges come together into a shared endpoint).

Just having a couple of existing non-circular fillets unfortunately does not mean that just every kind of other non-circular fillet is automatically handled...

> I have attached a model with the loop selection problem (I
> was using 2 curves to try to select the loop, but no luck).

I see - so the problem you're running into here is that the loop selection currently will only select a trimming boundary loop that's all part of one face. The loop that you want to select there isn't just one face trimming boundary, it's a bunch of edges that belong to many different faces.

In the future I'd like to make loop selection work on cases like that as well but currently it does not handle a chain crossing over multiple faces like that.

> Is this a possible feature for the future? I find that I
> do a lot of this :)

It could be possible - it's not really up to me though, the filleting that MoI uses comes from the Solids++ library, and I'm relying on them for updates to it.

But filleting is an extremely difficult and time consuming area of work so progress tends to be kind of slow and incremental in this particular area.

- Michael