Fillet - No Use 2 Distances Option :(

3713.3 In reply to 3713.1 
Hi NightCabbage, well the difficulty with "2 distances" on fillet is that a regular fillet wants to put in a circular arc as the rounded shape, with the arc being tangent to the pieces that it is touching.

In order to have a "2 distances" variation of fillet I guess you would want something like an ellipse shape or something like that rather than a circular arc piece? But that's somewhat unusual in the CAD world to have an elliptical fillet so right now there is not any option for that in the geometry library that MoI uses.

So probably your best bet would be to do what Steve mentions and use Chamfer, then delete the chamfer and put in a surface blend instead.

> Also, as a side note, is there any reason why that
> yellow line I have won't be automatically selected
> by the "select curve loop" command? The parent loop
> was selected like that fine, but the filleted line won't
> select with taht command :(

It's hard for me to know for sure without testing the actual model - could you please attach the 3DM file so I can test with your model?

But possibly the edge you initially selected was a joined edge belonging to 2 loops - in that case you need to select 2 adjacent edges so that you more clearly identify which of the different possible loops you want to target.

See here for some examples:

http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3112.22
http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=3112.32

> Is there a way to do a filler / chamfer where it will fillet/chamfer
> to 100% of what it can, and meet up (and join) with the limiting
> edge it's colliding with?

No, there's no way to do this currently - the filleting engine does not like to entirely consume and eliminate faces like this.

From what you are describing you may want to do something like draw the middle curve and then do something like sweeps to build the side surfaces, rather than using Fillet for this kind of thing.

- Michael