Off Topic - 3D World Magazine...

Normally I don't break radio silence with posts like these but I have to say - I highly recommend when at all possible, budget yourselves an annual subscription of 3D World magazine.

While the articles and tutorials are really decent, it's that damn disc you get every month that really makes the subscription worth it!

Typically on the jacket they'll tell you the "Value" of what's included on the disc for free.

This month the disc's value was $1446.

What did they include for free - a full commercial copy of Carrara 7 Pro with a coupon for $25% off Carrara Pro v8. Then they also threw in Mimic Pro for Carrara, Digital Painters shaders for Carrara, plus a couple of hours Carrara training to get you going!

Then there's the usual butt-load of models, regular and HDR textures, sound fx files, Gnomon training, Vue v8.5 PLE (well you can get that directly from e-on) that they typically include...

It wasn't a CD this month, it was a double sided DVD!

Again, I'm posting cause I know a couple of you were looking for decent, inexpensive render packages and the fact they just gave away Carrrara v7 Pro shocked me when I looked at this month's contents - you can't go wrong with a subscription to 3D World magazine... ;-)

-Will