Fillet brain freeze

3651.31 In reply to 3651.30 
Interesting discussion you got here.

I tried this in Spaceclaim with radius 3 and turned the display quality to max (guessing this adjusts the display mesh) and turned on zebra stripes.
Spaceclaim is Acis based, and yes There seems to be a problem with the fillet here too.
It's probably no surprise but Spaceclaim also struggles with radius of 3.
I got the impression this is indeed a real fillet problem, not just a mesh coarsness probelm wen turning the model around.

Michael, I think it's great how you take these things into consideration so the meshing is gives "as accurate as possible" display of the surface.
Your commitment to software quality gives us a better chance to be confident on our model quality!
It's also a pleasure to use Moi because it gives such a direct access to the model.

If anything i would like to see in Moi, - maybe a dynamic sectioning tool for investigating shapes. I think of a kind of "clipping plane + intersection line at the same time" type of thing.
Perhaps also a 2d, flat on screen, curvature graph to se the surface continuity where sections go through two or more joined surfaces.
... just some thoughts

-Fredrik

EDITED: 17 Jul 2010 by FREDRIKW