Drag enhancement

3629.7 In reply to 3629.6 
Hi PaQ,

> But my suggestion was to 'keep safe' the selection if the
> click + drag appends anywhere over the actual object
> selection.

It actually does do that mostly - for example draw 2 circles apart from one another. Now select them both, then after they are both selected drag on one of them - notice that your selection is not modified because you dragged on an already selected object.

But I say "mostly" because there is an exception and maybe that is what is causing the problem for you.

When determining which object to target with the mouse, there is a scan done first to see if there are any unselected curves within a tighter radius (half of the regular selection radius) of the mouse. If there are, then the closest one of those unselected curves is targeted which creates a kind of preference for targeting unselected curves in denser areas.

That helps in some situations to kind of screen out curves that you have already selected, because if you click on an already selected curve it will deselect it, so it is possible for already selected curves to kind of get in your way when you are trying to build up a selection.

That mechanism is something I could disable, it could make some kinds of "click to select" things a bit harder but probably help with your dragging problem.

- Michael