Top 5 Features list for V3 !

3628.81 In reply to 3628.80 
Hi Luca, in the future I would like to make it possible for 3rd parties to write exporter plug-ins and stuff like that. But unfortunately supporting other developers do custom development is a time consuming thing, so it's not something that I can easily do in the near term.

You wrote:

> I know that we can do the same via OBJ exporter, but it's better in this way.

But what specifically do you think would be better about some custom exporter instead of the already existing OBJ format exporter?

MoI is writing everything that it knows about (materials, vertex normals, uv mapping) to OBJ format already.

There is nothing that I am aware of that would be gained by exporting to a different format than OBJ, for MoI's particular case - just like you mentioned there is not anything like an animation setup or render settings that currently exist in MoI.

What is it that you think you would be gaining?

> One problem here is that usually this rendering application need
> an already UVMapped geometry.

Doing a custom exporter would not really have much to do with this - in the future I do want to enhance the already existing UV exporter to make separate UV islands for each surface in a model rather than having each surface mapped to the entire texture square.

- Michael