Top 5 Features list for V3 !

3628.2 In reply to 3628.1 
As a new user I'm still getting up to speed but I agree about some sort of "Level of detail" as Cinema 4D would call it to improve viewport performance would be useful.

Probably number one for me would be parent child, groups etc. Pretty sure I read Michael wanted this in Version 2 but ran out of time. Coming from Cinema 4D I'm used to its excellent Object Manager for organizing scenes.

When I have a point selected I would rather the coordinates display continue to display that point's position rather than the position of the cursor. Or if I have multiple objects selected the coordinates is the average position of the centres of all of those objects. I would then be able to type in a new position. At the moment as far as I can tell I can only type in a position in the coordinates when I'm creating something. I would also like to be able to edit the positions of things after being created by just typing in the coordinates. I know this can be done with the Move Tool but I want a quick way of just entering a value for what's currently selected.

The option to change display mode should be built in rather than having to set up hotkeys with scripts. e.g. wireframe, box mode for complex scenes (box mode should also be available on a per object basis (Cinema 4D display tag))

No doubt I'll have more suggestions as I get the hang of this excellent application :)

Nigel

EDITED: 21 Jun 2010 by 3DKIWI