how to make cut out piece?

3612.19 In reply to 3612.18 
Hi sven, could you please post the 3DM model for your earpiece so I could take a look? You could e-mail it to me at moi@moi3d.com if you want to keep it private.

> Have to mention that when I single click the object it selects as a
> whole so it confuses me a bit.

Well you can easily have parts that join up on some sides but not others. There are a million possible ways that can happen, here's one quick example:

So notice there that those 4 surfaces can be joined together into one combined object, even though there is a gap there indicated in red? You have something similar to that.

One thing that can be good is to set up a keyboard shortcut with the following on it:

script: /* Highlight naked edges */ var gd = moi.geometryDatabase; gd.deselectAll(); var breps = gd.getObjects().getBreps(); for ( var i = 0; i < breps.length; ++i ) breps.item(i).getNakedEdges().setProperty( 'selected', true );

Then when you hit that key all "naked edges" (edges that belong to only 1 surface instead of being joined between 2 surfaces) will get highlighted, that can help to identify the areas where you have a hole.

- Michael
Attachments: