Some remarks

360.7 In reply to 360.3 
> - Would it be possible to implement Curves/surface boolean operations ?
> or creation of points on intersection ?

Yes, I think this isn't too far away, maybe 2 betas or so.

> - Possible to add some form of triangle preview ? (like the one you see when
> exporting to .3DS) thus to check visually the distribution of triangles.

This one is a bit of an awkward fit - the regular rendered display is designed to show at a high density to give you a smooth graphic display where you don't really notice the triangles. It also uses a different style of meshing than the one for export - the display one is really focused on making a larger number of polygons very quickly. The export one is set up to do things more carefully but is slower.

One thing you can do with the current version to make things a bit easier is to set up a keyboard shortcut that does an export to .3ds so that you can get a low poly triangle display up on the screen with a single keystroke.

To do this, shut down MoI, and open up the moi.ini file with notepad, which you can find in C:\Documents and Settings\[your login name]\Application Data\Moi\moi.ini

Inside there, go to the [Shortcut Keys] section, and add this:

[Shortcut Keys]
Space=SaveAs c:\test.3ds

Make sure you edit the moi.ini with the MoI program closed.

With that enabled, you can now push the space bar at any time to get the mesh dialog and mesh display up on the screen, and then cancel out of it.

> By the way is it possible to get nighty builds ? (just exe/dlls when you add a new feature)
> For example when you will have some "alpha" builds of MoI featuring surfacing with a
> network of curves, i would be happy to try it out.

Nightly builds would be pretty awkward for me to do for several reasons - one big one is that I need a few days of testing things over here first to catch the most obvious bugs before sending stuff out.

It works a lot better for me to send out new builds somewhere around every 3 to 4 weeks, that way I get to maintain a high level of quality for the beta releases which makes things easier for everyone in the long run.

- Michael