sweep help

3575.32 In reply to 3575.31 
Hi Steve, sorry I don't have any idea what you are referring to - that's not a bad output at all, it's a full solid and seems to check out fine, no self intersections, etc...

Also I don't understand why you are talking about an angular trim - the sweeps in this case touch each other exactly because they come to a common angled profile.

That's the whole point of this method - to make a joined touching piece without using any trimming.

You have to use some method like this to make pieces join in this kind of situation because 2 regular shaped tubes will not really come together in a simple miter like that when the paths are all curving around in 3D space, that's what I've been describing in several previous posts in this thread with several examples.

Using an angled profile shape that is common to both sweeps, does make a result that touches, at the expense of it being a slightly slanted tube and not completely even thickness throughout.

If you think it is a bad result, you will need to explain what your complaint about it is - as far as I can tell it's all fine, for example here I have done a boolean in that area with a sphere and as you can see it gives a clean result:

- Michael