V3 Wish: Mesh export density adjustment

Hi Michael,

Would it be possible to have an option in V3 where you could apply different mesh export settings on a per object basis and have MoI export with those settings to a single file? I ask because it is incredibly difficult to find reasonably priced software that can merge multiple obj's into a single file and still maintain those all important vertex normals. To date I have only found Milkshape 3D (which has a 64k poly limit) as a budget solution. I also have Simlab which does the right thing with the vertex normals but currently imports all obj's to the world origin (a fix is on the way). Perhaps this could be done with a script?

Also, it would be really nice to be able to apply a denser mesh only in critical areas of a surface. I'm thinking perhaps we could apply a base mesh setting to an object and then select areas of any surfaces in that object that we want more dense (using say, a lasso) and re-mesh those areas. Such a mechanism would create a great compromise between poly count & mesh smoothness.

I'm finding that avoiding the use of non-MoI software wherever possible is important to maintain the vertex normals. On that score, I would also find basic texture mapping (box, planar etc) and basic wire frame texture map generation within MoI very useful.

Mark

---
Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html