GUI Aesthetics Closed  Locked

3567.10 In reply to 3567.7 
+1 for keeping MOI like it is. Aesthetics IMHO are always subjective. It doesn't mean there isn't room for change. As more features are integrated into the existing structure obviously Michael will change some things, but I think gradually and in harmony with the existing structure. I believe sometimes those who aren't currently using MOI are unaware or have forgotten that the stated mission of MOI is for 3d modeling using a tablet or on a tablet pc. This by necessity forces some changes to the typical guis that are prevalent today. I like positive change but never for change's sake. MOI's gui to me is great in that most of the power is not shown until you need it. By keeping an option for a command located within the relevant command's tab it shows that option is related to that command. If it doesn't show up on a tab it keeps me from trying to do something that is not supported or not recommended. That's worth its weight in gold to me. It seems to me that Michael works very hard designing logical relationships in commands by choosing sensible placement of tab options. Sometime in the future when I become more skilled I may need a certain subset of tools that I use frequently for a particular type of modeling job to be always available. I believe that's already available though. Perhaps I just don't have sophisticated tastes, but I've always really liked MOI's clean non-intimidating interface.

My .02