Sweep Problem

3564.5 In reply to 3564.4 
Hi Michael,

Sorry for my bad explanation. Your assumption was correct, that was exactly the area I was concerned about.
After further investigation, I'm not so sure about the display problem and I attached another file, hopefully
this explains it better.

If you go into FRONT view and than look at the surface on the right hand side, you can see it looks much cleaner.
In this case I actually took the longer "C" shaped curves and used the two shorter curves as rail, versus sweeping
the two shorter curves using the longer "C" shape as rail. But I maybe wrong on this. Anyway, I discovered some
other oddities in my curves, which are most likely the problem in the first place. So, I will go back and rebuild the
whole thing, haven't yet done it though.

If you look and the center model, there are quite some bumps on the left hand side at the transition to the straight
shot. the same on the right hand side, though not quite as bad. The screen shots don't really show it too well. And
don't ask me how they got there :), because when I started building the curves I had some clean 3 point arcs. And
I rebuild the the whole thing so many times in different ways, because I couldn't apply fillets in further steps.

Another question, which is not really related to my sweep problem, is there a way to temporarily switch the snaps
to only "endpoint" for example, without going to the settings dialog at the bottom of the screen. I was thinking more
of a keyboard shortcut that sets the snap for this one time to a certain entity and the switches right back to the
"regular" settings. This way I could deactivate some lesser used snaps which would help, especially if you get into
areas where you have a lot of geometry coming together. I think this is my main problem, because I think my line or
whatever snaps to a certain entity while it actually snaps to something else.

Sorry for getting so lengthy with my post.

Thank you anyways.
Attachments:

Image Attachments:
Size: 9.3 KB, Downloaded: 7 times, Dimensions: 455x395px
Size: 27.7 KB, Downloaded: 4 times, Dimensions: 879x693px
Size: 16.7 KB, Downloaded: 3 times, Dimensions: 606x664px