Backdrop images

3553.5 In reply to 3553.4 
Hi Sean, are you trying it on a completely new blank scene or are you trying it on a model where the screen is full of stuff?

> if I click on the 'Image' button and hover my pointer in
> the general area, a yellow frame appears which I assume
> is the image.

Yeah, while you are in the Image command when you move the mouse over an image its border will highlight so that you know which one you are going to manipulate if you click down and drag to move it.

By default images are drawn in the background and all geometry is drawn on top of them, since one of their main purposes is to serve as a backdrop to trace over.

But there are options in the Image command to control that, with the "Draw" option, the default is "Draw: Below objects", but you can set it to "Draw: With objects" (the images are drawn same as if they were regular plane objects in the model), or "Draw: Above objects" (the image are drawn as an overlay on top of everything).

If you start with a blank model, setting a background image should work like this:

Here I am running the View > Image command, then clicking the "Add button", and then picking the image file name with the file dialog that pops up (that part is not visible on the screencap) after you push OK on the file dialog you then click a point to pick the starting point and then click a second point for the opposite corner.

If you are doing that but the image is not showing up, you may try going to the nVidia web site and installing the latest drivers they have available there, it could be some problem in your video driver.

- Michael