projecting splines

3530.18 In reply to 3530.14 
Michael,

>>>>>I'll probably do the equivalent of Rebuild automatically on the curves generated from intersections, projections, and offsets, and also probably try to adjust how sweep generates its output surfaces, trying to make some longer surfaces in cases like this instead of necessarily making one individual surface per segment (although sometimes that can be useful to be able to separate something that is more like a pipe with joints so it is a somewhat tricky area to mess with).>>>>>>>

I just thought about this a bit. You make a great point. "Sometimes you want it to be seperate segments". This is very true with material assigments and such. Having it do the "rebuild automatically", I wanted to then ask for an option to disable that. But then I am looking for UI changes. I think it is already handled with a knowledge that "Rebuild exists...And run it if you want the different outcome." You did already add the multiple options to Rebuild, so you could get the same results as "RebuildCurve", which for me specifically covered all the bases. I'm envisioning not wanting to lose the power of the available options with the 2 different methods. Perhaps as the documentation matures, it will handle the methodology part for these situations...

Thanks