Rhino + T-Splines and MoI 3D ?

3513.7 In reply to 3513.6 
Hello,

This t-spline technology looks like a pure dream for many poly modeler users, it will help to make the bridge
between MoI and any poly modeling package for some specific project.

I'm wondering how complex the 'convert poly sds cage into nurbs' is, as basically, it's the only function
I think usefull for my workflow needs. Well it 'seems' to be handy, has I never really try it for a real
project.

I know T-spline is a much more complex bunch of commands inside rhino, from 't-spline' surface creation,
to many tools that somehow convert rhino into a polygon modeler. But what about just focusing on this command ?

Would be a dream to import a poly-model into MoI, and convert it into nurbs. Aren't they any
free/open source work available than will help to have this functionnality into MoI ? Or does it require some alien technology
and years of developement ?

I know for example that Maya can do that kind convertion since years, turning an sds model into a nurbs one, the only difference is that the surface is
a little bit more complex that using tspline, there are more isocurves ? (not sure if it's the good term) to describe the
surface.

For sure, a maya licence or a rhino + tspline one just to do some converstion from time to time will overkill my budget :P

Maybe in MoI 5 ? ;)