construction planes

350.3 In reply to 350.2 
hello michael- I'm amazed! Your reply comes lightning fast :) ...concerning thoose construction planes I have to say that I'm very pleased by the sketchup-peoples approach.
I guess you have played around with sketchup a bit - did'nd you? Well - it obviously is that combination of real construction lines and the 'auto-aligning' feature which is mainly responsible for
being able to work so incredibly fast with sketchup. Lets assume a simple example: You build a cube and apply some fairly big champfers to it, resulting in almost evenly shaped planes
all over the object. What if I wanted to draw on one of the champfered sides directly...? I would zoom to it and would then like to align my construction plane with that champfered side of
the object to be able to construct/draw on it ...then extruding the detail vor example. May be I missed it as yet because I just found MoI, but that would be an 'aligning/rotating-job' for the time being.
Am I wrong? To my 'newcomer'-knowledge :) I would have to construct in any orthogonal view and then 'rotate' or 'align' the sketch into the desired plane - right? That's what I was talking about
In CAD-Systems you would immediately define your construction plane either by just clicking a face or selecting 3 points or two edges and 'voila' you would be able to draw onto that
face/plane. Probably I did'nd take time enough to study the forum hints or the instructions ? :) I'm sure there is a nice workaround or I just did'nd find the right hotkeys as yet.
Anyway I appreciate your prompt answer and I will go on playing around and focus on MoI...By the way - I'm working with wacom tablets since almost ten years now and I like the idea of a piece of software that aimes at people like me too. The MoI-UI even tops the rhino UI...rhino being my main application.

later klaus