Visible crease when creating surface from sweep, no crease when swept from Rhino

3473.7 In reply to 3473.6 
Hi Niko, well like I mentioned before, if you use a surfacing command that only works off of curves (rather than being particularly designed to work off of surface edges and adapt to surface continuity like blend), then it is going to be normal for you to see creases between things if you build them in a piece by piece manner.

In order to eliminate creases you have to do some extra steps, something like cut some space between things and use Blend, or use Rhino's Match command to edit the surface.

That's going to happen in different cases in Rhino as well.

In the most recent files you posted, one thing to note is that your MoI file does not have surfaces joined together, that's going to cause different meshing between them and accentuate the division. So make sure to join surfaces together if you are going to compare the shading.

If I load your last posted files into Rhino, I get the Rhino one looking like this:

And the MoI one after joining looks like this:

There still seems to be a crease in the Rhino one, I think that you're right that it again happens to be by chance a couple of degrees less than the MoI one but I wouldn't consider that a really major difference.

Possibly MoI and Rhino use a slightly different method for rotating the profiles as they travel along the rails or something like that.

- Michael