Visible crease when creating surface from sweep, no crease when swept from Rhino

3473.25 In reply to 3473.24 
Hi Niko,
I wanted control points to be able to manipulate so I recreated the surface.

I untrimmed your surface (first I captured the curves of the tongue.... outer and inner) then projected the bunch of lines onto it. I drew a line and rebuilt it to have a bunch of points. Arrayed that and projected onto the hull surface. Then I lofted the new surface so it had a new point stucture. Then I rebuilt the curves that I extracted from the original tongue so they were a nice continuous curve. Then I trimmed the hull with the curves leaving a tongue with points in it that would allow me to drop the end down for the blend area. I could then do just one blend. The only issue I was struggling with was trying to stop the blends distance. You can see it is really stretched out long on the top portion.

But the jist was to have the hull have more points to allow the shaping of the tongue with a single surface that could be blended in one shot.

Let me know if that is not clear and I can show more detail. Thanks for letting me participate and learn from your model!