Danny perhaps?

3439.7 In reply to 3439.6 
Hi Burr,
quote:
The basic question was more, "If something from this layout had you just say, "Look, it's a sphere and a triangle with a g2 fillet" or something very simple like that.

I see what you mean, well....more so with 3d geometry, at first I did see it like Michael said as a generic spline curve shape, then I just wondered how many arcs it would take to make up the shape, but that's just me, as I'm tuned that way because of what I said about work in the last post.
Another point is, this is the only reference we have and we are reverse engineering the shape and so like digitizing a 3d shape you can only be so accurate and assumptions are involved too.
quote:
Can you shed any light on this part?
Sure...! but I did this quick so it could be out of symmetry.

Obviously the main tools are Circles and Arcs, defined by the '3 points' and 'Tangent' option.

Firstly I defined the front circle and the end circle using Circle>3 points. Remember, I'm just eyeing these off, there is no real accuracy,
the only accurate outcome of this will be the length, width and the fact it will be a continuous smooth shape.

Then it ended up needing two other arcs in between again using the 3 point method.
The final stage is to fill the gaps between these arcs with tangent arcs, some tidying up with trimming, and your done!

Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers
~Danny~
Attachments: