Fun Project "Electric Guitar" finished!

Hi all,

thanx again for comments und suggestions.
@BobK, must be great to hold a real guitar in your hands after creating it in MoI, and yours is really looking good, congratulations.
I'll better don't try that with the Ibanez, can't afford the lawyers ... and of course there is still enough inaccuracy in this model which would make it difficult to make a real thing of it.

@Michael, that will be great, to have svg export directly in MoI, although my workaround wasn't to hard to go.
MoI is easy to use for the 2d stuff as well as for 3d, so why not doing it in the same programm.
Meanwhile i tried the ai workflow with Expression 3.3, thanks to omac12 for the link, there is a way to import MoI's ai and you can choose
between several ai versions to export, also including the new pdf-style version (9).
So it works that way, but it's good to know the limits:
If you just export curves from MoI, everthing is fine like expected, but if you export surfaces instead, you don't see anything in Expression 3, after a "select all" you see the curves, but if you fill them with color, somehow orientation about inside / outside got lost (like it can be seen on the attached image).

And at last, here is one more image of the Jem, revealing yet unrevealed details ;-)

Matthew
www.matthiaskoenig.com
Attachments: