Any octane user ? Closed  Locked

3386.31 In reply to 3386.28 
Hi Michael,

[Actually, I won't do that, because actually Rhino doesn't have any way to write a welded OBJ file, it can only write the structure as when MoI has welding disabled, which I think you said produces a pretty different result.

For welding problems, let's focus on the cube example. That example is pretty clear - cube from MoI = problem, cube from Modo = same problem...

Probably a different case for non-welded would be good, a simple shape that is supposed to be smooth but gets creases in Octane. What would be work for that, maybe just a cylinder in 4 segments?]

I've allready post so many examples, with edge weld on, off, closup of surface discontinuity, reflection glitches ... giving the .obj, compared with modo (it's the only software I have at home to comparing stuffs).

And of course I allways give extreme exemple with super low mesh ... because it's where artefacts are visible.
It's also true that if I tesselate my model like a fool, I have probably more polys than rendered pixels, glitches are not visible anymore :O)

... but it doesn't mean that low res has to look like 'shit' (sorry it's starting to be a little bit late here :)).

So I know I'm picky on that point, hopefully other users seems to be also annoyed with this, and I'm sure Radiance want to please users as much as possible.

Maybe there is something I don't understand, maybe the smoothing group implementation will also fix the other problems ...