Any octane user ? Closed  Locked

3386.18 In reply to 3386.15 
Hi Michael,

\\What are these lines here that I'm pointing to in red\\

Shading artefact :P there is no reflection on this one, so the line here are coming from Octane trying to smooth the whole stuff.

\\Is it possible to do a really simple 1 light (like a headlight maybe) lighting setup and then show what a cube looks like? (with just the diffuse shading).

Not for the moment ... You can 'only' lit a scene with an hdr map ... This is supposed to be a flat shaded cube.

\\Also could you show if there is any difference if you export from MoI with welding turned off versus with welding turned on?

When welding turned off, the result is right (no more lines crossing the cube). That was the first trick we used ... but of course turning welding off introduce
a lot of other problems, like discontinuity on every smooth surfaces. That were the smoothing group happends in the discussion.

Basically I know what's happend, using MoI since a year or more. I mean all this trouble remind me the bad days when I was trying to import my stuff into 3dsmax.
It's the same nightmare. My main problem here is to explain it to Radiance, as he doesn't seems to understand the problem. From his pov, there is something special
in MoI, whatever I can show. I've post tons of screens, mostly Modo comparaison etc. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the guy and his patience (I'm bugging him
since a week or so), I love the render engine and all.

It's just that I feel ... frustrated ...

EDITED: 27 Mar 2010 by PAQ