Lost Edge on Silhouette Command

3369.2 In reply to 3369.1 
Hi OSTexo, could you post (or e-mail to me at moi@moi3d.com) some fragment of the geometry so I can try to reproduce the problem over here?

A couple of things you might try are to scale the model up by 10x or down by 1/10 and see if that makes any difference, and also try setting up a keyboard shortcut with the ShinkTrimmedSrf command on it and run that on it to see if that makes any difference.

But yeah, it looks like the silhouette is kind of indented somewhat - I would be kind of suspipcious about those surfaces, are you sure they are not kind of indented downwards a bit from their trimming edges? If I had the geometry here I would probably try to analyze one of those surfaces by selecting it, and running Edit > Separate on it, then turning on control points to see what that looks like and also selecting all the edges and pushing Delete to see more exactly what the underlying surface looks like.

If those surfaces are quite small in scale, it is possible to have things like the trim edges be away from the surface by what would normally be some small tolerance value like 0.001 units, but if those surfaces are near to that size themselves then that 0.001 tolerance value actually becomes pretty large in comparison to the geometry.

- Michael