Mesh - Matching resolution along edges

3365.7 In reply to 3365.6 
Hi jonah,

> It should be possible to pack and manipulate the UVs of a
> Nurbs render mesh?

Well a "Nurbs render mesh" is just a polygon mesh, so yes I guess it could be possible to do anything you can do to a polygon mesh to it.

In the future I do want to add an automatic packing procedure to MoI's UV output, but that is a lot different than a full fledged UV editing environment like Will seemed to be talking about.

> Any chance that a copy/paste could preserve Rhino's
> mapping coords in MoI?

I don't know... I haven't really looked to see how the mapping coordinates are stored in the 3DM file and if those are easily accessible to other applications just loading the 3DM data directly rather than using the entire Rhino runtime and plugin system.

When data is copy/pasted from MoI to Rhino or vice versa, it is just the equivalent of transferring a 3DM file on the clipboard.

> Or that data is lost when MoI creates it's own display mesh?

Right now there is nothing in place to try and look at mapping projections or anything like that, it's focused more on just moving NURBS geometry back and forth.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of data you are referring to... Do you mean that if you set up a projected texture on an object in Rhino that you won't see that projected texture assigned to the object in MoI? That's certainly true because MoI does not have anything in it to assign textures, or set up projection widgets or things like that in it.

- Michael