V2 beta Feb-21-2010 available now

3338.33 In reply to 3338.32 
Hi NightCabbage,

> When installing the new beta, should I just install it straight
> over the top of the last one?

Probably not a good idea, since that will likely mess up the uninstall of the old version.

It's easiest to install each beta to its default folder - each beta will go to its own separate folder by default, like this one will install by default to:
C:\Program Files\MoI 2.0 beta Feb-21-2010

Note that the date of the beta is at the end there so that each one is a different folder.

You can have multiple v2 betas installed at the same time side by side that way.

> Or should I uninstall the last one, and the install the new one?

You can do that, or probably the best thing is to just install the new one and leave the last one in place for a while until you're sure that the new one is all working properly.

After a while then uninstall the old one.

> Also, will it keep my settings? (shortcuts mainly)

Yup, your settings including shortcuts are stored in the moi.ini file. Unless you have moved it to be alongside the moi.exe file the moi.ini file is stored in a central place under c:\Documents and Settings\ (or under c:\Users for Vista or Win7) so that each beta is able to see the same moi.ini file and use it.

The only thing that won't come over automatically is if you have installed any custom plugin commands by copying them to the \commands folder. If you have done that, then copy them into the \commands folder of the new beta as well to install them there too.

- Michael