MoI -> Octane render (little problems)

3334.7 In reply to 3334.5 
Hi candide,

quote:

And can we maybe get a javascript console window (perhaps opened the same way the log window is) for running and testing such scripts, instead of having to create shortcuts?

Yes, eventually I want to have some more friendly stuff for scripting support. Probably the initial focus won't be on a console window so much as a "script library" that would make it easier to have scripts stored and referenced by a friendly name instead of just directly pasted into the shortcut key editor.

quote:

I'm pretty sure Michael already has such thing for his own use & development.

No, I usually just write scripts like this by referring to the moi.idl file (available here http://moi3d.com/wiki/Scripting) for the syntax of what properties and methods are available and then type it in using Notepad, then paste it into a shortcut key.

quote:
Is Moi built in a similar way?

Kind of, in MoI each command is a script that controls the workflow of the command, like it decides when to hide and show UI, when to call various services like object picking or point picking, etc... You can see the various command scripts in the \commands subfolder underneath MoI's main installation folder.

- Michael