MoI as "the Visio of 3D?" Rendering advice please

3310.34 In reply to 3310.33 
Yes, it varies sometimes so all the professional 3d programs I've seen allow you to change those settings on export. Also, I was still working on your question about 3d rendering because it's something that has always interested me. I've got a few renderers of the pro level even though I'm a hobbyist, but I always keep my eyes open for something I can recommend to a friend. I was just looking at pov-ray again after years. The renderer is still excellent but is only command-line. While looking for a front-end for it I discovered that Pose-ray still works well in windows xp. It is a kind of kludgey interface, but it does exactly what it says. You install it and pov-ray then point poseray to the pov-ray executable. It imports .3ds .pov and .obj well. I tested it out and the only thing I couldn't get was the ground plane and global illumination. It's an extremely simple setup. I really liked it. I'm going to look for other pov-ray front ends, and maybe I'll post a test here if I can get it working to my satisfaction.

P.S. Michael, that seems to have fixed the posting problem. It looks right so far. Thank you.