Window selection

329.15 In reply to 329.12 
> and since Moi has no feedback for what action is being undone,

Well, there is graphical feedback - really the vast majority of the time there are pretty obvious changes when you do an undo, and you are usually watching for some specific result.

But yes, this is possibly a problem.

Re: #1 Separate undo stack

This solution I don't think is so good since it involves duplicated UI. And a lot of people just wouldn't find the alternative "undo", it is a lot easier to use when there is just one undo.

Re: #2 - only allow selection undo within commands.

Well, I was definitely planning that it would be cleared when you exited a command - the selection undo action will be a pretty transient thing, it will just store one entry for the last selection and any type of change should clear it away. It is really for use only immediately after you have done a selection.

But I don't think it would be good not to offer it at all if you are not in a command - there are certainly a lot of things where it is natural to build up the selection set before you go into the command, and it is easily possible to get a selection error there as well.

I think I'll just give it a try and see how it works. If it becomes a problem with undoing geometry changes then it can be fine-tuned a bit, perhaps only "large" selection actions such as deselection of many objects could be recorded...

- Michael