Numeric Input

3289.15 In reply to 3289.14 
Hi NightCabbage, well for rotation if you use the edit frame in a 2D viewport, that will rotate around its center point.

For example here I am rotating a box by using the rotation grip on the edit frame, notice how it rotates around its center:

Does that do what you want?

It would probably help me a lot if you could post some example models that showed me some instances where you wanted to do some of the things you are discussing, like move an object by its center point.

If you just want to move an object over a bit arbitrarily, you can grab any point to do that, you don't really need the center specifically for just pushing it over a bit or stuff like that.

If you want the center to align with other things, the Align command could probably do that job for you.

It's also possible to grab the midpoint between 2 points as the source for Move by using construction lines, maybe that would help you out in some circumstances.

But it is difficult for me to know for sure because I don't really understand the particular situation that you're running into - if you could show me an example model that would help me understand more specifically what you are trying to do.

- Michael
Attachments: