War Rocket Valkeeri Class 2 Fighter

Those SciFi magazine covers always brings tears to my eyes cause back in the 30's - 50's they had such hope for what would be possible and taking place in the '90s and 2000's...

Frankly the space industry should be where they envisioned; mining asteroids, colonies on the Moon and perhaps Mars etc.

We squandered away so many decades doing nothing except perhaps warring amongst ourselves, what a shame.

I love the art design from that era; the finned spaceships, the "ray guns" that were always in hand, the screaming and running women were always expected (if they weren't being carried off by some ugly aliens :-P )

The machinery always looked big and bulky like they still used tubes instead of solid state circuitry, but tubes or not, they still look advanced even by today's standards.

Ever since I purchased MoI I been using those magazine covers as practice for modeling spaceships and structures. I'd love to be able to develop a illustration style creating similar images using say ZBrush and MoI etc.

-Will